ISAE DNM Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DNM First Meeting

5 posters

Go down

Do you have problems to follow the Applied Aerodynamics lectures?

DNM First Meeting Vote_lcap56%DNM First Meeting Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
DNM First Meeting Vote_lcap0%DNM First Meeting Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
DNM First Meeting Vote_lcap33%DNM First Meeting Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
DNM First Meeting Vote_lcap11%DNM First Meeting Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

DNM First Meeting Empty DNM First Meeting

Post  Sergiog Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:35 am

Hello Everybody,

As a Pierre Request, I will try to collect all your complains and requests before my first meeting as a delegate of the class. For instance, he talked me about the Applied Aerodynamics lessons (the organization made a schedule mistake puting these lectures before the basic Aerodynamics). I think that it's beeing really problematic, specially for those who don't have an aeronautical background.

All additional comments about this topic or other problems of the master will be very welcomed in this post.

PS: Please give me a few seconds of your time filling the following poll, I need it just to reinforce my arguments during the meeting.

Sergio
Sergiog
Sergiog

Back to top Go down

DNM First Meeting Empty Re: DNM First Meeting

Post  John D. Anderson Jr. Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Who's talking about my father here!

John D. Anderson Jr.

Back to top Go down

DNM First Meeting Empty I´m agree

Post  BETO Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:56 pm

Hi
I think that is more difficult for all the people that doesn’t have aeronautical background, like cherry, clau and I.
A better organization with the schedule will be useful because some days we spend the whole day in the school and others we just have one class.
Have a nice weekend

BETO

Back to top Go down

DNM First Meeting Empty Aero

Post  Pierre-Antoine Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:18 pm

For the schedule, i agree but i think we can't ask too much. This is a pretty new program, it is the first year that the administration of masters exists so i'm sure they are trying their best for the schedule. However, this is unacceptable to have applied aerodynamics before basic aerodynamis taught by Cousteix. I heard that Cousteix had a surgery, which was the reason they had to change the schedule but still, it does not make sense at all. The second thing that is to unacceptable too is the fact that professor Binder had no idea about this. Therefore, he went over some difficult subject of aerodynamics that took me a whole semester to learn, and he did that in a couple of hours.
Peace guys.

Pierre-Antoine

Back to top Go down

DNM First Meeting Empty Syllabus

Post  amassa7 Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:22 pm

After having been preached to by the Masters administration that our program is top notch, I started to make a top notch image of the program in my head. Unfortunately, this image in my head doesn't agree with the reality we're faced with. I will concede that it is difficult to organize a new program from A to Z, which is the case this year for our DNM. And I think that it is our role to smooth out the folds in the program.

My primary concern is the following:
We need a syllabus (1 page max) for every course we take so that we are aware the topics we will tackle in the course. Had we had this syllabus for the aerodynamics course, we could have brought up the fact that we weren't prepared to take it with the program coordinators. All graduate and undergraduate programs in North America provide these. They have the course information, professor contacts, and office hours.

Have a good break.
Later!
Andrew

amassa7

Back to top Go down

DNM First Meeting Empty About the masters in general

Post  Pierre-Antoine Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Hello again,
We had a talk lately with Andrew about the way our professors are teaching and things like that. So Sergio, if you get a chance maybe, you could talk about this to improve this program. Here is what we thought: I know that we are all coming from a different background so it might not be the case for all of us. But i can say that Andrew and me were shocked when we saw how the teachers introduce themselves and manage their first hours of class with us. None of these teachers gave us a syllabus. None of these teachers told us what to expect from the course. None of the teachers gave us a basic breakdown of the course. Professor Creze introduced himself in 10 seconds and started the class, Professor Taquin same thing, others did the same thing too. The nicest one, organized a little better was Professor Fournie i thought. And as a matter of fact, he appeared to be the one that was the most available to us for questions and others.
To be well understood, i'm not saying the teachers are bad, in contrary i think they know a lot and are really good but as people in this class are coming from all over the world to a foreign country in which they don't know the language, it would be nice to have teachers that makes us confortable right away at the first hours of classes. Teachers that tell us that, if we have problem, they would be available to us to help us out; Teachers that would take the first hour of class to introduce themselves, the whole course, the objectives of the course, the date of exam, format of the exam, office hours, etc...
I know it's not the way they do in France, and in Italy either from what i heard but again, it's an international program so i think they should make some efforts.

Any agreements or disagreements are welcome.

Pierre-Antoine

Back to top Go down

DNM First Meeting Empty NEW EXAM DATE?

Post  Sergiog Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:23 pm

Hello,

I will transfer all this information to Anne Forget and I will post after her answers. However, I had an idea that I've already discussed with some of you: I think that a suitable solution of the Aerodynamics poblem is to change the date of the present lectures exam, rescheluding it after the "basic aerodynamics" test. Before proposing this to Anne Forget I'll like to have some of your opinions, maybe you don't agree because the time difference between the lectures and the test date will became longer. What do you think about?

Sergio
Sergiog
Sergiog

Back to top Go down

DNM First Meeting Empty NEW EXAM DATE?

Post  Sergiog Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:24 pm

Hello,

I will transfer all this information to Anne Forget and I will post after her answers. However, I had an idea that I've already discussed with some of you: I think that a suitable solution of the Aerodynamics poblem is to change the date of the present lectures exam, rescheluding it after the "basic aerodynamics" test. Before proposing this to Anne Forget I'll like to have some of your opinions, maybe you don't agree because the time difference between the lectures and the test date will became longer. What do you think about?

Sergio
Sergiog
Sergiog

Back to top Go down

DNM First Meeting Empty GOOD NEWS

Post  Sergiog Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:10 pm

We are not going to have the scheduled Aerodynamics exam on its initial date. It will be rescheduled after the holydays in order to take into account the complains of some of you. The new date will be somewhere between the start at the end of the Aerodynamics I lessons.
Sergiog
Sergiog

Back to top Go down

DNM First Meeting Empty Re: DNM First Meeting

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down